Our three hottest tips for social media in 2019
With over two billion people now on Facebook, 335 million on Twitter, and one billion users on Instagram, there's absolutely no doubt that your customers are either on one of these platforms, and if they aren't, they will be soon. Here's out top three tips for social media dominance in 2019.
Promote your social media accounts.
Having a good social media profile means nothing if your customers don't know anything about it. Here's a few places you can promote social media for your business:
- Include it on printed materials such as flyers, brochures and posters.
- Add social media icons to your website.
- Add social media icons to your email signatures.
- Reference your social media in TV and radio advertising.
- Add it to your business cards.
- Consider running targeted advertising on Facebook or Instagram.
Make 2019 the year that you focus on increasing your social media reach. If it just increased your revenue by 10% over the course of a year, how would that look for your business? Probably pretty good.
Social media is a two-way street.
You know how disappointing it is when your phone calls don't get returned? If your customers are commenting on your social media posts and you're not responding, you're basically doing the same thing to them. What sets social media apart from all other forms of advertising is the fact that you can communicate back. All other forms of traditional marketing (radio, TV, printed ads in the newspaper etc) don't open up an opportunity for a two way conversation, but social media does. If you aren't leveraging the opportunities this presents for your business, you should be. Take the opportunity to talk to your customers through social media. It's just another communications channel, but so much more powerful.
There are some great tools that you can use to improve your social media presence and communication:
- ManyChat acts as an all-in-one Messenger marketing platform. It allows customers to talk to you on Facebook messenger directly from your website and can be configured to automatically respond to your customers and provide them with information. The platform includes simple drag'n'drop builder which makes it really easy to build your Messenger bot and grow your social media audience.
- Loomly is a straightforward, easy to use social media calendar tool that helps business owners compose posts and schedule them. If there's just one of you doing social media posts, this tool might not be for you, as it's built for use in a team environment. Users of Loomly have access to tools that let them optimise their posts and reach a wider audience through live analysis of post performance.
- HootSuite is a tool for managing your various social media accounts. If the idea of managing each profile individually feels daunting, look no further. Using HootSuite, you can manage Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, WordPress, and other platforms from one, easy to use dashboard.
Be more active.
Being active on social media is paramount to staying ahead of the competition. Some experts suggest that businesses should be posting more than ten times per day, but we all know that seems absolutely ridiculous. The key to your success in this space is in being creative, posting good quality content, and above all else, not posting for the sake of posting. Put some thought into it so you're posting content that's relevant to your customers, and if you need some creative assistance, get in touch with us. We'd be more than happy to help!